martes, 5 de abril de 2016
Nueva Training School de AQUAGAMETE
The AQUAGAMETE COST ACTION is pleased to announce the 6th AQUAGAMETE training school which will be focused on the Molecular basis of gamete quality and reproduction, with a strong orientation towards GENOMIC TOOLS.
The course will be organized by the Fish Physiology and Genomics Department of INRA, Rennes (France) (coordination by Julien Bobe and Catherine Labbé), and will be held in Rennes from June 6th to 10th 2016.
The course will include conferences on:
- Sperm genetic damage and repair in Fish (Paz Herraez, Spain)
- Overview of sequencing technologies and strategies available to analyze fish reproduction (Yann Guiguen, France)
- Epigenetics and inheritance (Francesc Piferrer, Spain)
- Transgenesis approaches in fish reproduction (speaker to be determined)
- CrispR/Cas9 technology for research on fish reproduction (Amaury Herpin, France)
- microRNA and female fecundity (Amine Bouchareb, France)
The practical sessions will be coordinated by the Fish Physiology and Genomics staff. Include experiment on:
- RNA extraction (2h30)
- Microarray analysis of fish samples in reproduction research (10h)
- Sequence searching including tools presentation, primer design, phylogeny/syntheny search (5 h)
The number of participant is restricted to 16 persons. Priority will be given to early stage researchers (MSc students, PhDstudents, young post-docs) and to participants with no experience in genomics and with a professional project related to gamete quality or fish reproduction, including representative from industry.
Financial support from the AQUAGAMETE COST action for travelling, accommodation and meals will be available for students. The access to lectures, laboratory facilities and support material is supported for all participants by the AQUAGAMETE COST action and by the host Fish Physiology and Genomics department.
The application deadline is May 2nd, 2016. Complete applications must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Eligible candidates will be announced by May 6th. For more detailed information please contact Pepa Bayarri (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should include the following documents:
• Application form (attached);
• Short Curriculum Vitae in the area;
• Motivation letter for participating in the training school, which should indicate the academic/professional status of the applicant;
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or employer;
• Financial Support justification (only for students).
More information available soon at: http://aquagamete.webs.upv.es