viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2013
International Eel Symposium 2014
A Symposium entitled “Are eels climbing back up the slippery slope?” will be held during the annual meeting of the American Fisheries Society (AFS), in Quebec City, Canada, 17-21 August 2014. The Symposium is jointly presented by the AFS and the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES), and will be convened by an international committee with European and North American representatives.
The International Eel Symposium 2014 invites submissions on the following:
- Eel stock status in different regions/countries,
- Anthropogenic impacts causing or contributing to the decline of eel stocks,
- Methodologies for monitoring and assessment of stocks, and quantification of mortality,
- Application of aboriginal, traditional, and historic knowledge to stock dynamics and conservation,
- The effect of protective measures on stock dynamics,
- The effects of stocking and other manipulations on stock dynamics,
- Oceanic processes in interaction with continental stock protection,
- Eel genetics and its relevance for conservation,
- Integrated inter-jurisdictional governance and effective conservation management of scattered stocks, and
- Socio-economics of eel fisheries, and how to sustainably exploit shared stocks.